Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History and Hope

I know a lot of people today will fill their blogs with entries about today's historical inauguration, so how can I resist? I watched this morning and although I didn't vote for Obama I still awed at how far our country has come. Who knows what will happen in the next four years, but you can't deny the implications of this turning point in history. Good or bad. I know the economy struggles, society strangles, and the world, as a whole, holds their breath for the next trauma awaiting, but I am hopeful and optimistic. Why? Well, I believe what our prophets, current and ancient, have said. If you remember the last general conference, then recall the consistent message of hope and love. Heavenly Father wants us to feel joy. Regardless of what happens outside of us, we can feel peace and joy as we continue to look toward Christ's return. Or how about not even His return, but His existence. It really is that simple. We do not need to carry everything on our shoulders. Christ asked us not to, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." Give it to Him and enjoy life. Yes, life is hard. Sometimes it downright sucks, but so does a good workout, a fulfilling hike or bike ride, yet you still have fun as you do it. So lift up your head and smile in the face of life's experiences.

0 comments: