Then slowly I stumbled upon BYU Forums focusing on happiness and its correlation with service, Magazine Articles and LDS books full of How to Be Happy antidotes, Relief Society Conference lessons on Spreading Sunshine and today another BYU Forum centered on Wellness Education. Martin Seligman, a Professor of Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, spoke on the power of positive education. Basically he lists what we can do to become more positive and the effects of doing so. For example, Seligman referred to taking time every night to write three things that went well that day and why they went well. People that did this woke up more happy and were in general more satisfied with life. He continues to present how we can educate children, the less fortunate, and depressed on how to increase their quality of life through positive habits.
There exists some similarities within these "lessons" I've encountered lately, count your blessings, share in your successes, and lift one another up. I realized that the blogs I was reading were posted by people doing just that. Who doesn't get excited when they can share their child's milestones? What a fantastic way of telling our spouses that we love them by posting them all over our blog and praising them. Our happiness continues by sharing and recounting our joyous experiences and thoughts.
Once again I've been humbled and taught a tremendous lesson. Do you think Heavenly Father was trying to send me a message? So I'll share in the spirit of joy...
My life is so wonderful...
I have the best husband...
Aren't my kids the cutest?
I am just sooo happy!




0 comments:
Post a Comment